Lutheran Women in Mission
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. For 75 years, the LWML has focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions.
On July 9th, Five LWML members, two guests and Pastor Barry enjoyed lunch at Chili's in Claremore before delivering the following items to Safe Net Services. (Submitted by Glenda Griffith)
- 40 - twin fitted sheets
- 2 - complete twin sheet sets
- 24 - bath towels
- 35 - wash cloths
- 4 - towel sets
- 3 - 196 oz jugs of Members Mark liquid laundry detergent
- 3 - 128 jugs of Tide liquid landry detergent (included Thrivent Action Team Project Funds)
Our August Mission Project is the collection of peanut butter and jelly for Pryor Ministries.
St. John LWML will be hosting the Miami Zone Fall Festival on September 7th at St. John Lutheran Church, Pryor, OK. Please watch for the sign-up sheet and more information. Please plan to attend and meet with your fellow sisters in Christ.
Looking for Volunteer Service Ideas? Consider joining with the Blue Star Mothers group as they work at the NEW Pryor Fairgrounds Building to pack Monthly Boxes for Deployed Troops!! Following are the dates & times:
- Thursday, August 22 at 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, September 26 at 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, October 24 at 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, November 21 at 5:45 p.m.
- The specific dates for the week of December 8-14 are yet to be determined.
The time needed to accomplish this packing is usually only about an hour and "many hands" make for a shorter time!! Facebook Page: Mayes County Blue Star Mothers