Lutheran Women in Mission
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. For 75 years, the LWML has focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions.
The LWML will be delivering the collection for Safenet Services on Tuesday, July 9th. All ladies are invited. We will carpool from church at 10:30 a.m., eat lunch at Chili’s in Claremore and then deliver to Safenet.
Our July Mission Project will be the collection of school kits for Lutheran World Relief (LWR).
Items needed per school kit are:
- Four 70 sheet notebooks of wide or college ruled paper approximately 8" x 10 1/2"; no loose leaf paper
- One 30" centimeter ruler, or a ruler with centimeter on one side and inches on the other
- One pair of blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
- Five black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink); secure together with a rubber band
- Five unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers; secure together with a rubber band
- One pencil sharpener
- One box of 16 or 24 crayons
- One 2 1/2" eraser
Looking for Volunteer Service Ideas? Consider joining with the Blue Star Mothers group as they work at the NEW Pryor Fairgrounds Building to pack Monthly Boxes for Deployed Troops!! Following are the dates & times:
- Thursday, July 25 at 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, August 22 at 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, September 26 at 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, October 24 at 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, November 21 at 5:45 p.m.
- The specific dates for the week of December 8-14 are yet to be determined.